Blind Sports Nova Scotia’s recreational Tandem Bike Club is hosting a try-it day and we’d love you to join us!
Do you or does someone you know have vision loss and an interest in tandem biking? Are you a cycling enthusiast and want to make biking accessible for people with vision loss in your community while having a lot of fun?
Please RSVP via email at email@example.com or via the Facebook event.
When: Saturday, July 15th, 2017 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Where: St Andrews Centre parking lot, 3380 Barnstead Lane Halifax. Busses 17, 80, and 81 stop close by. Let us know if you require more directions or a guide from the bus stop.
What are we doing:
- This event is for both stokers (individuals with vision loss) and volunteer pilots (person who rides up front).
- We’ll talk about the how our recreational Tandem Bike Club works for both stokers and volunteers.
- You’ll get to know the bikes, safety techniques and best practices, as well as sighted guide instruction for volunteers.
- Take a tandem bike for a short spin. Volunteer pilots can also try riding in back while blindfolded.
- We have a few helmets, but please bring yours if you have one.
Please remember to RSVP via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Facebook event.
We look forward to hearing from you and getting you hooked on tandem biking!